Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Swirly Dry Marbling

About a week ago, I found this really cool nail art idea on Instagram from Girly Bits Cosmetics. I had a bunch of pretty holos from my What's In-die Box when I bought the Disney Princess and the Harry Potter themed ones that I still hadn't tried. It's Spring, so I didn't want to do black, which meant that the hardest part was figuring out which colours to use!

I ended up going with a dark blue for the main base colour. The holo colours were Minutes to Midnight from Gloss n Sparkle and Ariel and Fleur from Glam Polish.



Since it was my first time doing a dry marble, it was more than a little messy. Although probably not as messy as water marbling is. The issue was just that it used much thicker blobs of polish which meant that it took a while to dry. The actual marbling was super easy when you had enough polish, though.

I love how they turned out and will definitely be doing something similar again. Hopefully it'll be easier to clean up now that I know more of what I'm doing!



No comments:

Post a Comment