Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The nail art that stops a nation

I found out yesterday when I was at "work" that today is Melbourne Cup. "The race that stops the nation." Clearly I couldn't care less as I didn't even know that it was today. Apparently they were also having a party today, but I didn't go in as I only volunteer for work experience one day a week.

I decided to do my nails for the occasion, since I haven't been doing much nail art lately and want to get back into the swing of things! I was thinking of the big hats and fascinators initially, but decided that jockey uniforms would be easier. After much searching, I found a guide with the jockey uniforms for those running in the race today here.



Each finger was a different jockey, but I still didn't have the winner! Apparently today's race was the first time that a female jockey won. Although I've seen more things posted today about animal cruelty in the race than I have about a woman winning. Poor horses!

No comments:

Post a Comment