Friday, March 27, 2015

What's In-die Box? Disney princesses!

I've been on a bit of a hiatus. Sorry about that! Since I started my job, which admittedly is only three days a week, I feel like I've been going through a cycle of busy days and then being sick. That combined with my laptop only working on wired internet meaning that I can't move it from my desk, means that blogging has not been on my top priorities list!

I'm finally getting my act together to write up a blog post because I got the What's In-die Box? this month! (and I finally have time to write up the post!) I have been wanting to get one, but my rule was no buying nail polish until I got a job. Preorders went up in February and I got a job at the end of February. Clearly it was meant to be because I LOVE Disney!


I decided to go with the polish for Cinderella, Minutes Before Midnight from Gloss 'n Sparkle. I don't like visible nail line (VNL) so I decided to do a gradient with Ariel from Glam Polish. I wasn't sure how well they would gradient because of the different sparkles, but I absolutely love it!





The first day that I wore them out was also when my husband, who is also a huge Disney fan, and I went out around to two different shopping centres to find which stores were participating in a Disney promotion of Buy One Get One Free. We wanted to make sure we were getting the Blu-rays that were available and the cheapest prices. It was quite a busy day of making spreadsheets and tracking down the DVDs. Our collection still isn't complete because of the Disney vault, but we definitely made a lot of progress!


I also had this fail during my hiatus. For St. Patrick's Day, I tried to do a snake skin design, but that was an epic fail. I just could not get the design right and the colours looked weird. I'm thinking that black instead of white would have been better, but I wasn't sure if the green would show up over the black.


No comments:

Post a Comment