Thursday, June 12, 2014

I've got the whole world... *on* my *fingernails*!

I'm moving to Australia tomorrow, so I wanted to make sure that I have my nails done and wanted them to be travel related. I really wanted to do a map manicure. I looked up how to do it, but I had no success. All that happened was that some of my nail polish came off and the print from the map did absolutely nothing.

Instead, I decided to paint them as the world. I made a sketch of the world and folded it to determine what parts would be on the left/right hand and what fingernails. They were pretty tricky to paint because I wanted to make sure that they lined up and even trickier to take a photo of because my mom had to take it and I couldn't see how my nails looked until after the picture was taken.

I think that they look pretty good, though. I'm very happy with how they turned out. The US is split between the index and middle finger on my left hand, but Australia is on my right pinkie.


1 comment: