Wednesday, June 4, 2014

They smell as good as they look!

I leave for Australia, where it will be winter, in just over a week, so I wanted to do my idea for a watermelon mani before I leave. A few weeks ago, my mom and I bought some nail polishes from Revlon's Parfumerie collection. They are scented after they dry. One of the nail polishes that we got is called Ginger Melon. It's a beautiful coralish pink, perfect for a watermelon. I looked at some watermelon manis on pinterest for some inspiration and decided to go with a French manicure design.

First I painted my nails all the Ginger Melon. I did this before I went out to the park with my parents and we actually saw some peonies that were the same colour! We walked through the peony garden and along the river and I could not stop smelling my nails. I love this scent!



When I got home, I had to add the white part of the watermelon. I decided to sponge paint the white on my nails to make it look more like the natural variation in colour of the white part of a watermelon.


The next step was to do green. I used my Con-Fused? from the China Glaze Magnetix collection.


The green part needed some striping, so I used Low Tide by Spa Ritual. I tried doing some lines with a bright green on my right hand, but this colour looked much better.


Finally I added some black seeds with the old black that is in my collection and cleaned up my nails a bit. I love how they turned out and even smell like watermelon. They're so perfect!



No comments:

Post a Comment