Saturday, May 3, 2014

Tip Toe Through the Tulips!

Where I grew up, Holland, MI, has a Tulip Time festival every May to celebrate its Dutch heritage. When I was little, I watched my sisters Dutch Dance and when I got older I spent my four years in high school and one of my years of college doing Dutch Dance, so it's always had a special place in my heart.

My parents, sister, niece, and I are all going to Holland this weekend for the start of the Tulip Time festival. I, of course, decided to do my nails for the occasion. My mom also let me do her nails. 

I chose to go with a Delft-style paint for my nails since that's always been very Dutch to me. 



For my mom's nails, I went with basic tulips. I made a few design options for her when I was bored at work and she picked these ones. She decided to have the tulips all one colour for her fingers and her thumbs are my UV purple. I think that they turned out nicely, but it's hard to see the purple (it looks more silvery like when I accidentally added the drying drops) because today is very overcast. If the sun comes out more in the next day or so, I'll try to remember to take a better picture to post.



No comments:

Post a Comment