Monday, April 28, 2014

Wear Pink! Breast Cancer Awareness

Last week, I saw a dotticure on pinterest that I really wanted to try out. It was in black and white, but I wanted to use my UV nail polish that turns purple and with a pink polish for the dots. I was planning it out to do on Friday, when I realised that I should really paint my nails in support of those undergoing breast cancer.

My aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks back and on Thursday she underwent surgery. We went down to visit family on Saturday, so we went to see her at my other aunt's house. She is doing great. If I didn't know that she had cancer and just underwent surgery a couple days before, I never would have guessed!

Here are a few pictures of my manicure for breast cancer awareness. The polishes that I used were Purple Haze from Del Sol and Koala Bear-y from OPI. The UV didn't change it as much as I thought it would because I put on drying drops without thinking about the fact that it would mean that less UV got through to my nails. They ended up turning a more silvery purple than how they show up without the drying drops.





I realise I am posting this before the week for the dotticure in the challenge, but I wanted to share it now. I may do another dotticure later this week, but I wanted to keep this one for longer than I keep most of my manicures since it's in support of a good cause.

1 comment: