Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter Part 3: Spring Flowers

I decided to go with my pastel blue for the background of my nails to give a sky effect. I wanted to give a little bit of a cloud effect by painting white over top and using Saran wrap to remove it, which leaves parts of it behind. As you can see from the pictures, it didn't work as planned. I guess that the blue wasn't as dry as I thought that it was and it ended up taking off most of the blue and made a big mess. Luckily I had only tried it on my left hand and just had to redo those.




Once I fixed up the background, I grabbed one of my greens and made a stem (or two) on each fingernail. Then I used my fan brush and combined my bright green, my dark green, and my glitter green (Winter Holly by China Glaze) and I fanned some grass onto the tips. I chose to mix the greens for the grass to give it a little more dimension.


The next part was drawing on the flowers. I did a combination of tulips and daisies, so I used a small brush and a dotting tool. I had lots of different colours and decided to take a picture of all the different nail polishes used to make this manicure. It was a lot.



I was really happy with the end product, that is until I showered. Some of my nails, mostly on the left hand got a bit messed up, as you can see in the first picture. (The other two are the finished product, or at least what it looks like as of now because I need to go to bed and I have no time to fix them better.) I guess my nails weren't completely dry yet! I used one of my brushes to touch up where the nail polish smeared or came off and I'm not too upset with the final product, although it's clearly not my best work. I will be busy all day tomorrow, so I'm posting this tonight even though my nails aren't as cleaned up as I'd like. Hopefully I can get some better pictures tomorrow (and in daylight since the flower on my left index finger is a UV changing polish and goes purple in the sun!)





2 comments:

  1. I love that base blue you've used, it makes those flowers pop just perfectly against it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love all the different flowers!

    ReplyDelete