Tuesday, April 8, 2014

For the birds!

Week 2 of April's challenge for the NAIL link-up is 'Birds.' Apparently tomorrow is officially "draw a picture of a bird day." I looked up some nails last week and decided a long branch that spanned my nails and each one had a bird on it.

First I painted my nails white. Then I painted some bird sillouettes in different colours. I forgot to take a picture of left hand before I added the branch, so I took one of my right hand.


I then painted the branch along my nails so that they looked like they were perched. I also included some twigs. My index finger has a little bit of the brown on the side and I painted part of my thumbnail brown so that it would be like part of the trunk.


I then added some black to the wood to make it more tree-like, including a "hole" in the branch.


The final cleaned up project! I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. The green and pink one have some UV nail polish on their stomachs, but it was too cloudy and rainy today to see how the colour changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment