Wednesday, April 16, 2014

U of M Men's Gymnastics

Last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were the National Championships for NCAA Men's Gymnastics. (Michigan won as well as having the All-around winner!) They were held at the University of Michigan and my oldest sister is obsessed with gymnastics, so she came up from North Carolina. She, my parents, and I went to the Thursday night events and my other sister and her daughter joined us on Friday. We didn't end up going on Saturday.

I wanted to paint my nails Michigan colours and I decided to do a marbling. I was going to do other designs on my mom and oldest sister, but they didn't end up having time for me to paint their nails before.

Since the University of Michigan's colours are blue and yellow, I wanted to do a test marble to make sure that it didn't end up green. I took a piece of plastic from a baggie and I painted the blue and yellow that I was going to use as well as a white. This was to see what colour would look best as the base colour. Then I did a marbling on the water and put the plastic on top to take it up. The blue and yellow didn't create green when they were in the cup, but they did create green when they were used as the base colour. I decided that the white looked much better. (The white is on the upper left, blue on upper right, and yellow on lower right)


 So I painted my nails white and let that dry before doing the marble. Before I had the marbling on them, they reminded me of when I was in elementary school and people would paint white-out on their nails during class!


This was the last marbling that I did. I liked how it turned out a lot better than my other ones. Instead of putting the paints in like one big target, I decided to do a few smaller targets. The colours looked a lot better as they alternated better when mixed. The other way had bigger patches of blue and yellow.


I had a lot more issues with this marbling than I had last time. For some reason, the polish wasn't spreading as well and I could only get a couple nails at once instead of being able to do one hand at a time. For this reason, my thumb and pinkie got really messed up.



I wasn't too happy with how they turned out and I forgot to take a picture when they were cleaned up a little better as a result. I was originally going to redo them for Friday night, but I ended up not having time, so I just kept these for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment