Tuesday, August 26, 2014

He picks my polish

I saw a prompt on Pinterest called "He picks my polish" where you have a guy pick 1-3 polishes and then you make a manicure and post it with the hashtag #hepicksmypolish. (Apparently the collection was actually a few days ago, but oh well. They also do it every month here.)


I decided it would be fun, so I had my husband, Rohan, pick some polishes for me last night. He picked Spun Sugar by Revlon parfumerie, Frostbite by China Glaze, and Candid Cameron by Nicole by OPI.


He was too kind and knows my favourite colours too well because his choices matched the ring that I was wearing almost perfectly. I was trying to figure out what to do and I saw my ring and was inspired. I decided to paint my nails the Spun Sugar with an accent nail to look like the shell part of my ring. That was a fail because there wasn't enough of a difference between the blue and green to correctly caption it and so it just looked messy. I decided to scrap that manicure and looked up some inspiration on my pinterest page. I decided to retry the cling wrap technique.


I repainted my accent nails the Spun Sugar and then tried a new way to do the cling wrap technique because I had problems with it last time I tried to do it. Last time I followed the directions I found online that said to paint another colour on top of your base colour and then use the cling wrap to remove spots. I found that that technique just ended up taking a bunch of my base colour off as well. So instead, I decided to paint onto the cling wrap and use that to apply the colour. It's a backwards approach.


I started with some of the Candid Cameron and moved on to the Frostbite. It was pretty messy, but not as hard as water marbling to clean off of your nails.



I really liked the final product, although it was really hard for me to get a good picture because I kept getting really bad shine marks. I added a couple of each hand to better show the colours. Also I tried to apply top coat but that just meant that I got my ring finger stuck under my middle finger because I have a problem keeping them apart while drying. This meant that I had to try to use cling wrap to try to get some colour back because it took it all off, including the Spun Sugar underneath. I fixed it pretty well, though.







No comments:

Post a Comment