Saturday, August 30, 2014

Nerd with Nails Salon is open for business!

Well, that title is kind of a joke. It was the first time that I did someone's nails besides my own or my mom's. I pretty sure to be a salon I would need to have people pay me and need some kind of license.

My friend from graduate school loves my nail art and when I was in America she said that I had to do her nails when I came back to Australia. We had planned to do it before my wedding, but then we didn't have time and it didn't end up happening until yesterday.

She had wanted to do a zebra print accent nail, which I did about a month ago based off of her design when I needed to do animal print for the OMD2 nail challenge. I showed her my nail polish collection when she got here and she was overwhelmed with all the choices. Eventually she changed her mind about the zebra print decided that she wanted to do something based off of a purse that she has. It is a teal colour and has cow print.

The colours that she chose were Lily White from Ulta3, my unknown black, and Amazon-Amazoff from OPI. She wanted white nails with an accent of the cow print.


I drew the cow print on the accent nails by sort of dotting with a brush. She wanted to add the bit of colour by having me outline one spot on each hand, which I did with my smallest dotting tool.


No comments:

Post a Comment