Thursday, August 7, 2014

The importance of a good base coat

I didn't use a base coat when I first started doing my nails because I didn't know why I needed to use one and I didn't have one. Then I was doing my nails at least once a week and they turned yellow and stained. I have been using the base coat from Sephora's Formula X ever since. But yesterday I was in a hurry to paint my nails with something since I was going out to see friends and I completely forgot a base coat. Unfortunately it was Amazon...Amazoff from OPI's Brazil collection, which is a deep teal colour, so my nails and fingers got pretty stained. This is my nails after nail polish remover, non-acetone and acetone, were used until nothing more came off.


I looked up some things to do on google and they suggest lemon juice and salt for stubborn stains. I added some lemon juice and salt to warm/hot water and soaked. Then I buffed them a bit. The skin right around my nails is still pretty stained, but they look a lot better. I made sure to use my base coat when I painted my nails again today!


No comments:

Post a Comment