Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Doctor is in!

I decided to go with a Doctor Who theme because Sunday is when the new series comes out. It's pretty exciting stuff because there's a new Doctor. I was looking for some inspiration online and saw that some people had done galaxy nails for Doctor Who. I chose to have my accent nails be the TARDIS on one side and a dalek on the other. I ended up using a lot of different nail polishes in my design.

From left to right: Force by LA Colors, Gold Fusion by China Glaze magnetix, my unknown black, Frostbite by China Glaze, Lily White by Ulta3, Candid Cameron by Nicole by OPI, a purple-ish colour by Chi Chi magnetic, Mistletoe by Revlon, and Radiant Violet by Three Beauties.


I started with the Radiant Violet on the nails that would be galaxy, which is the same as the galaxy nails that I did before. I chose to do the dalek on my right hand, so I used Force for the background colour on my accent nail.


I did Frostbite for the TARDIS on my left hand.


I didn't take pictures throughout the process of making my galaxy nails. Basically I used a sponge and alternated between the five polishes on the right of the picture above until I thought that it looked nice. After I finished painting the TARDIS and dalek, I added a top coat which made the galaxy look really pop because it brought out the shimmers. For the TARDIS, I painted the black line with a brush and then used a small dotting tool for the letters. They ended up being a bit like white blogs, so I used the dotting tool again with black to make them look more like letters. I mixed the Frostbite and black together to get the darker blue for the line in the door and the window crossbars.


For the dalek, I used a small brush to do the black lines and then a dotting tool for the black dot up top. A blue light shines through the appendage represented by the black dot, so I mixed some of the Lily White and Frostbite to dot. The dots at the bottom are Gold Fusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment