Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Ikat

I think this is the last of the OMD2 nail prompts that I wanted to do but ran out of time. I didn't know what ikat was when I first read the prompts, so I did a brief google search then. I did a more thorough one today to find my inspiration. I liked the look of this one from this page.


I then picked out my colours. I'm not sure why the middle looks red, but it's Raspberry Rapture from Revlon and is scented. The green is Glowstick.

After I did my base coat and painted my nails white, I grabbed a small brush and did the green part. I didn't like how my first brush worked because there were a few bristles that went astray and were leaving marks I didn't want. I was surprised because the first brush I tried to use is from Sephora and cost quite a bit and the second one was part of a really cheap pack from Born Pretty. I was also glad that the ikat pattern left meant that it was alright to have inconsistent green lines.



The next step was to fill in the pink. I like how they turned out except for my left thumb. I really should have done a different part of the pattern so that it had more pink, but live and learn!



No comments:

Post a Comment