Thursday, November 20, 2014

Geometric

One of the themes for the NAIL link up this month was geometric. I really wanted to try out a couple of the polishes that I got at the Ulta 3 vending machine in Melbourne. I picked out two and decided on a geometric nail design using tape. This was the first tape mani that I did that was actually a success! I'm not sure what I did different, but I think that it might have been just waiting longer for the polish to dry before peeling off the tape.


The two colours I chose were Mulberry and Strawberry Sundae.


I started with the Strawberry Sundae. I actually painted it the night before I did the tape, which probably helped with the tape peeling off clean and easy. It was definitely dry if I had it on overnight! I also really liked this colour. I was very happy that I added this pink to my collection.



Once all the strips of tape were added in the desired pattern, I painted over with Mulberry. The colour is great, too! I could definitely see myself wearing it by itself if I was feeling too lazy to do nail art.

I waited for it to really dry between coats and after the last coat before I pulled off the tape. It was so clean and easy. I hope that's my luck with all my tape mani attempts from now one!


Although I love the Mulberry colour, it is hard to photograph. It was hard to get the purple to show up because it's so dark. I had to wait until the next day when I had sunlight again!




No comments:

Post a Comment