Saturday, November 8, 2014

Rushing Waters

I had my Animal Crossing nails on for over a week, which is a long time for me. I needed to change them up and had the inspiration from the Christian a Cappella group that I am in. We are just starting up and had a photoshoot today so that we can have pictures on our website and facebook page. We are called Rushing Waters because that is how Jesus' voice is described in the Bible.

I decided that there wasn't nothing better than a blue water marble manicure to represent rushing waters!



I was happy with how they turned out. I painted them with pale blue a day in advance because I my old manicure was falling off and I wanted to make sure that the marbling didn't have a chance to get ruined. Last night I did the marbling. I pretty much just put random dots of colour in the cup instead of following the bullseye pattern. I prefer more random swirls over the flowery pattern of most water marbled nails.

In the past, I have tried using Vaseline and Chapstick to make the cleaning process easier. I decided to try cuticle oil this time. It was significantly less messy because I could use the brush and it at least partly absorbed into my skin instead of just leaving chunks. The only problem was that I didn't put it far enough down on all of my fingers. I also did just one or two nails at a time instead of trying to get five fingers in at once. I did the five fingers because it wasted less polish, but it really does look better just doing one or two nails at a time. That way you can pick better where the design looks the coolest and it is easier to pick out the excess polish around your nail(s) so that it doesn't try to clump up when you pull your fingers out of the water.

 I took pictures again today when I was outside on my way to our photoshoot. I loved how they look in the sun! The colours look so much more vibrant and I could see the shimmer from some of the polishes.



I used all of my blues in this mani, but different nails had different amounts of each shade. The colours are Bonna Blue by Fresh Paint (which was my base colour), Sparks Will Fly by China Glaze magnetix, Frostbite by China Glaze, No Room for the Blues by OPI, Shark Attack by Sephora, and Radiant Violet by Three Beauties.



No comments:

Post a Comment