Thursday, November 27, 2014

Nail party for our Rushing Waters debut!

The Christian a Capella group that I am in, Rushing Waters, had their first performances on Sunday at my church. I decided to use my nail art talent and invited the girls over on Saturday to do their nails. Only three of them were able to make it, but it was great fun!

The first one is a base colour is Sparks Will Fly from China Glaze magnetix and it has cascading dots of Bonna Blue by Fresh Paint and the shiny end from Pinstripe by Revlon.


The second one was music notes. The base colour is No Room for the Blues by OPI and the music notes are Sparks Will Fly from China Glaze magnetix. I included two pictures to get the thumb in.



I had a bit of trouble with this one. Or should I say treble? Haha. The problem was that I tried to do a tape manicure. I do like the idea, though. I had based it off of a paint chip. I'll just have to wait longer before I put on the tape since most of the white polish underneath came off when I pulled the tape off. The polishes that I used were Snow Me White by Sinful Colors, Bonna Blue by Fresh Paint, No Room for the Blues by OPI, Shark Attack by Sephora, and Blackest Black by Designer Brands.


Once they left, I did my own nails. I tried to do a technique that I hadn't done before, which involves squishing dots of nail polish down with Saran wrap. I started out with a base colour of Amazon Amaz-off by OPI.


Next I added dots of a bunch of different blues and greens. I forgot to write them down, but I believe it was Low Tide by Spa Ritual. Bonna Blue, No Room for the Blues, and Shark Attack.


After the dots, I put the Saran wrap over my nails and pushed down to make a marbled look.



 Then because this is a Christian group, I added a cross. This cross is a water decal from the Born Pretty Store that they gave me for previous review. I decided to try something new with it and paint the decal brown. (A-piers to be Tan by OPI) Since what you paint is the part that attaches to the nail, you could still see the intricate design of the decal. It ended up messy on my left hand, which I did first, but the right hand looked great!


I loved doing the other girls nails and it was great to see people walking around with manicures that I did. Plus one of the girls was up on stage to introduce our group and another did the rest of the singing at the morning service, so my nails were on stage! Our performances went really well and you can watch the videos here.


1 comment: