Thursday, October 9, 2014

Fight like a Girl

I wanted to redo my nails and decided to do another pink mani for breast cancer awareness since this month is breast cancer awareness month. And yes, I do realise that I already have done a couple this year. My Aunt Sharon is currently fighting breast cancer and hopes to be done with chemo by the end of next month. She's been so strong through it and I'm so proud of her!

I wanted to do a gradient. I looked at my nail polish collection and was kind of surprised by my lack of pinks that would go well together. Then I realised that a lot of my pinks were either my mom's or they were crappy small bottles that I threw away when I moved to Australia.

The colours that I chose are my unnamed pink from Chi Chi magnetic, Summer Rose from boe, a top coat from Nicole by OPI and Koala Bear-y from OPI.


I started by painting my nails with Summer Rose. I then used a makeup sponge to create a gradient of the pink from Chi Chi and Summer Rose. (For some reason the pictures don't seem to show the gradient as well when they are on my computer as they do on my phone. I'm not sure why because they are the same pictures, but my instagram shows the colours well.) The pink ribbon is Koala Bear-y.



No comments:

Post a Comment