Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Orange and Black

It's been a while since I've been able to participate in the Challenge Your Nail Art facebook group. But I'm finally not doing a daily manicure challenge and have time! Plus this month's theme is Halloween and I had to do that. As an American living in Australia, it really is sad to not have festive celebrations. In fact, Halloween isn't celebrated at all. I'll just have to celebrate it on my nails and eat my own candy!

For this prompt, I decided to go with a gradient. I really do love them. I painted my nails orange. Then I used a sponge for the gradient with more of the orange and my black. The colours that I used were Bond-tastic from China Glaze Magnetix and my unknown black. This was officially my last time using that black because it finally ran out and I got a new one. Now I have one that has a name!


Then something sad happened. The beautiful burnt orange just looked brown. I did them at night and thought that maybe they would look better in the sunlight. That usually helps colours look like they're supposed to. Alas, that didn't help and I had to think of what else to do.



So I decided to do more nail art to make them look more Halloween-y. The silver is Metallica by Wet 'n' Wild Shine. It melted on my nails before, but I figured I may as well use it up at some point. At least I wasn't in the humidity, which is what I think did it last time.


With the silver, I added some spiderwebs to a couple of my nails on each hand. I wasn't as happy with them as I thought that I would be because they ended up too thick. I wanted thinner lines. I was actually happier with the first one that I did, my left index finger, than I was with the rest. Go figure!




4 comments:

  1. Hey I like it!!! And don't feel bad, my lines always end up as thick as they can possible be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautful gradient! I think it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how they ended up, even if it isn't how you'd originally planned them! I didn't know they don't do halloween in Australia - at least you don't have to share your sweets though.

    ReplyDelete