Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Honour Nails You Love

I knew immediately that I had to do something from morenailpolish.com because I love her work and her blog inspired me to start my own blog. She's also from Canberra, which is pretty awesome!

I really love her fish manicure from May 2013, especially since it was the first jelly sandwich manicure that I had ever seen. But I sadly don't have a blue jelly and had to choose something else. I went through her blog and remembered how much I loved her dot manicure for this challenge. You can see it here.

There were a lot of colours involved in this manicure! A-piers to be Tan by OPI, Envious by Kmart, No Room for the Blues by OPI, Snow Me White by Sinful Colors, Glowstick by Wet n Wild Fergie, Summer Rose by boe, Plugged-in Plum by OPI, Con-fused? by China Glaze Magnetix, Bonna Blue by Fresh Paint, Belsize Park by nails inc, my unknown black, and Ginger Melon by Revlon Parfumerie.


I started with a background colour of Bonna Blue.


The original manicure from morenailpolish.com had a slight gradient, so I used a sponge with some more Bonna Blue and No Room for the Blues. I really do love gradients and they're so easy!


I added the clouds next.


My first dots were for the tree trunks. I forgot about the thumb when I took this picture, but I added it right after.


I used the three greens to make the grass and the trees. I just used Envious to make the flower stems.



I chose Belsize Park for the yellow here. The reason that I chose that instead of Bananarama was because I only had to use a bit. I only have a bit of it left and it's getting thick but I don't want to waste it.


Ginger Melon was a great choice for the pink flowers. Now my nails smell a bit yummy!


I then added Plugged-in Plum for the purple flowers and a bit of Summer Rose into the blooming tree on my pinky.


I finished off with adding the birds and cleaning up any stray dots.




2 comments:

  1. Awesome! You did a fantastic job. I've had my head under a rock and not had much time to check everyone's manis out so far, but this totally caught my attention!. So now I found two Canberra girls who did the 31DC too!, We'll have to catch up sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We should definitely have a Canberra catch-up. That would be fun!

      Delete