Thursday, December 11, 2014

12 Days of Christmas

While this is a "12 Days of Christmas" theme, most people don't realise that the 12 days of Christmas are actually the twelve following Christmas leading up to the epiphany, which is the day celebrating the arrival of the wise men.

But for this prompt, we were supposed to pick a line from the song and create nail art based off of it. I decided to google some images and found this beautiful drawing of the partridge in a pear tree.

http://www.windstarembroidery.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=4199
I decided that I'd use that as my inspiration and created this nail art.



The background colour is Lily White by Ulta 3. For the branch, I used A-piers to be Tan by OPI. The bird is made from a mix of Tiramisu by Sephora and Coach Ella by Fresh Paint. The wing is A-piers to be Tan and the eye is Coach Ella. The pears are a mix of Envious by Kmart, Lily White, and A-piers to be Tan.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this looks really good. I would of been scared to attempt it lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are parts that I don't really like, but I'm overambitious sometimes. :P

      Delete
  2. Super cute! I love the inspiration and your take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your inspiration and how you put it to your nails! :) In our family, we actually do celebrate Christmas (starting Christmas Eve) until Epiphany. :)

    ReplyDelete