Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Snowflakes

The Challenge Your Nail Art group on facebook has a 12 days of Christmas challenge. Instead of following the song, it's 12 prompts, one every other day, until Christmas. The first one was yesterday, but I was having a rough day from lack of sleep, due to road construction at night and neighbours hammering in the morning, so I wasn't able to finish up some nail art. Luckily I live in Australia and so it's still yesterday in America! (Also I'm double dipping this for the NAIL linkup!)

The first prompt was snowflakes. It's pretty funny considering that in Australia it was the first day of summer! But since I'm from Michigan, I do associate snow with Christmas.

I decided that I wanted to do a snowflake as an accent nail and then do something like falling snowflakes as a modified French manicure. It ended up even better than I expected! I was just going to do some random cascading shapes with a sponge. What happened was that I used the corner and it made it look like icicles on my nails! I did the snowflake on my middle finger using a small dotting tool.

The polishes that I used were Radiant Violet from Three Beauties and Snow Me White by Sinful Colors.







7 comments:

  1. Cute! I love how this turned out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really cute. I love that you did both hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It helps to be slightly ambidextrous!

      Delete
  3. Your post is a little timey-wimey with the fact that it was December 2 for you, but December 1 for us! haha! Love these nails, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sometimes it's pretty awesome living in the "future."

      Delete