Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Decorations- The Nativity!

I performed Christmas carols with my Christian a cappella group, Rushing Waters, twice over the weekend. Because we're a Christian group, I wanted a manicure that reflected the true meaning of Christmas. I was happy when I saw that today's prompt was for Christmas decorations because it meant that I had just the thing for my nails this weekend.

Every year, my mom puts up a nativity scene. After her mother died, we were given a beautiful nativity scene that my grandma painted. I didn't have the picture of my mom's nativity scene when I was painting my nails, but I made sure to get it after so that I could include it in my blog.


I realised when I was about to paint them that it wasn't going to be the correct way when I show someone my nails, but that's alright. The lined up correctly when I looked at them!

My left hand was the manger scene. I painted all of my nails first with Radiant Violet by Three Beauties. The star on my thumb is Bananarama by Kmart. Most of Joseph's clothes as well as the manger is made out of A-piers to be Tan by OPI. The details of Joseph's clothes are made out of Tiramisu by Sephora. The hay in the manger is a mix of Bananarama and A-piers to be Tan. Mary's veil is made from No Room for the Blues by OPI and her dress is Shark Attack by Sephora. Their faces/hands are a mix of Coach Ella by Fresh Paint and A-piers to be Tan. Jesus' cloths are made from Lily White by Ulta3 and Blackest Black by Designer Brands. That's also what I used for the sheep and the grey parts are a mixture of it.


The angel is made from A-piers to be Tan for the hair, her wings are Lily White, her skin is Coach Ella, her dress is Summer Rose by BOE, and her halo is Gold Fusion by China Glaze magnetix. She is outlined with Blackest Black. My middle finger is just a path to signify the long journey that they wise men had to take to see Jesus. The wise men's skin are made with Coach Ella. Their crowns are made of Gold Fusion. The colours of their outfits are Con-fused? by China Glaze magnetix, Plugged-in Plum by OPI, and Dangerous by Sephora.



2 comments:

  1. My mom has this really old nativity scene from when I was a child and she still puts it up - I have my own now, too :) I love these nails - what a great idea!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete