Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Christmas Tree

Through my surfing of nail art on the internet, I found some nail art with strings of Christmas lights. I thought they were beautiful and fun, so I added them with a french twist on my fingers with the actual Christmas tree as an accent nail.

I knew exactly what polish I wanted to do for my Christmas tree. It's one that I think is beautiful, but I haven't had a chance to wear it since last Christmas! It's called Winter Holly by China Glaze. It's a green microglitter with flecks of other Christmas colours of glitter. It's perfect for a tree. I added the two pictures to try and show the dimension to the glitter, but they don't really do it justice.

I painted the tree by doing a tape manicure. I first painted the tree shape with Metallica by Wet n Wild and then I added small tape strips. For the tree, I first painted with a coat of Con-fused? by China Glaze magnetix and then a coat of Winter Holly because that has a clear base and I wanted the tree to be fully coloured.

I used Coach Ella by Fresh Paint for the base colour of my nails and Snow Me White by Sinful Colours for the French tips. The string of lights was Blackest Black by Designer Brands. The lights were Shark Attack by Sephora, Envious by Kmart, Bananarama by Kmart, and Scarlet by Ulta3.



1 comment:

  1. This is so much fun! What a great manicure!

    ReplyDelete