Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Glitter

This was a hard one for me to decide what to do. I played around with a few ideas in my head, but I wasn't happy with any of them. Then I just did a google image search for Christmas glitter and got an idea to do a gradient. I have two micro glitters, as glitter polish isn't really my thing. They were perfect holiday colours, though. They are Winter Holly by China Glaze and a silver glitter that came with Pretty in Plum from Nicole by OPI.

I was going to do a gradient, so I started off with painting my nails with Con-fused? by China Glaze magnetix. I used a sponge to make the gradient and it was my first time using a glitter polish on a sponge. The polish absorbs into the sponge, but the glitter doesn't. That means that the glitter covers the nail right away instead of the multiple applications of other nail polishes using a sponge.

Glitter is often hard to photograph because of how the light hits it and sometimes it looks blurry. So to best show them off, I included a few pictures of them.







5 comments: