Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas freestyle

I had some difficulty coming up with a concept for this. I had sketched out some idea that I really didn't like. My eyes were wandering around the apartment trying to think of something when I landed on the DVD of my mom's favourite Christmas classic movie, The Year without a Santa Claus. She loves it! I really only like one song from it, which is the one between the Heat Miser and Snow Miser. I decided that paying homage to that song would be perfect!

I had one hand hot and one hand cold. My left was hot since the hot water is always turning the faucet to the left.

I started my left hand with a fire gradient. I painted the nails with white and did a gradient of yellow, orange, and red. The middle finger was his face, so I started with a neutral on that nail. The colours from before are added for the hair. My index finger is the hat that his minions wear during the song. My ring finger is a thermometer exploding stating that it's 101. And the sun on my pinkie should be obvious.


Snow Miser started out with a gradient between white, light blue, and blue. His face was the light blue. I  included his hat on my index finger and the -10 thermometer on my ring finger. It also says -10, but the angle makes it harder to see.




3 comments: