Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Allow me to introduce myself... and show you my previous nail art!

I'm new to this nail polish thing. Before last year, I probably hadn't painted my nails since I was about 12. I had a cold and was feeling like crap, so I decided to paint my nails to see if that made me feel better to have pretty nails. It did! Fast forward to the end of 2013 and I was feeling really depressed waiting for all of my visa information to go through and be granted. (I'm getting married in July and moving there so I needed to get my visa granted and I haven't seen my fiancé since August) I decided to give painting my nails a try. That was helping to make me happy. I got into nail art because I went with my dad to a University of Michigan basketball game and I decided to paint Ms on my nails. It's all history from there!

I kept doing various nail art and I recently came across a blog about nail polish called www.morenailpolish.com. I thought that it was ironic that she lives in Canberra, which is where I lived last year and where my fiancé lives, and we'll be living, once we get married. Going through her blog and various sites that I've seen because of it have inspired me to start my own nail polish blog. Since I've been doing my nails for a few months and I'm just starting the blog, I'm going to post my nail art so far, in no particular order.

 I couldn't help myself when I looked up nerdy manicures to do and saw that someone had done Nerds. I had to do my own Nerds manicure! The purple is a frankenpolish (aka I mixed two polishes to get the desired colour since I didn't have one in my collection.)

 These were my nails for Mardi Gras. I painted them gold and then put tape over the parts that I wanted to keep gold and pained the rest of the nails the desired colours.

 My niece, Adrianna, turned five last month and she had a "purple party." Everyone had to wear purple. I decided to go further with a purple manicure. I even put purple sparkles on them because she loves sparkles. I also did my mom's nails, but I don't have a picture of them.

 I absolutely loved these penguins when I saw them online and had to recreate them before winter was over. Joke was on me because we're expecting another 6-10" tonight and I painted these about a month ago. I absolutely loved the bowties on the penguins. The blue nails had silver sparkly glitter over them to represent snow. The orange on the penguins was also a frankenpolish because the orange I have was too bright.

 When I was on the bus home from work, I decided that I wanted to do DNA nails. I decided to do them on my mom's nails. I did them in the yellow and blue because that is the colours of the University of Michigan, where she works. She took this picture at work and she is holding a pipette.

 These were on of my first nail art ventures, which is why the picture isn't very good. I wore them to the party for my alma mater, Hope College. They had a basketball game against their biggest rival, Calvin College. My left hand said Hope with an anchor on the thumb. The left hand said Dutch, which is our mascot. The orange is a frankenpolish because it was before I had an orange.
February 6th was my six year anniversary since I underwent brain surgery to remove a tumour in my cerebellum. I celebrated by painting my nails with gray ribbons, which is the colour for brain tumour/cancer awareness. The gray was a frankenpolish since I didn't have any gray.

For my six year anniversary, my oldest sister got me a set of 6 metallic nail polishes. I looked at the colours and they were perfect for the Olympics, which were also about to start. I painted them in the colours of the rings.

 My nails were starting to chip after my Olympics manicure, but I wanted to wait for my next manicure. I decided to try the taping technique. I did small strips and then painted black over them. I pulled off the tape and was happy to see how well it worked.

 We went to a bunch of different sports events for the University of Michigan so I decided to paint my nails according.


 This was my very first nail art. I painted an M on all of my nails.

 I tried to do a Saran wrap technique on my nails. I was kind of a mess because it was my first time doing it, but I'm sure it will be better next time.

 I painted my nails for the Super Bowl in a neutral way. My left hand was for the Broncos and the right was for the Seahawks.

Valentine's Day nails!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! You have some great ideas :) !! Look forward to reading about your adventures in polish and nail art!! Seeing as your blog is new, would you like to be tagged to do a Liebster Award post? Once you are nominated (only if you want to be) I will link you to my post which explains about the award :) If you are interested in Q/A posts, I also have one of those on my blog now, with 50 fun questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Q/A post sounds like a fun idea, but I don't know about the Liebster Award. I don't know any other blogs to nominate!

      Delete
    2. Cool! You don't really need to nominate anyone for either... Could just put at the bottom 'if you want to be nominated, let me know' or add people as you find them. I haven't stuck to the rules properly anyway.
      :) I'll link you to both and you can do which ever one you fancy :)
      http://emma23mereta.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/tmi.html?m=1
      http://emma23mereta.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award-3.html?m=1
      Let me know if you do any posts :)

      Delete
    3. I did the Q and A one... http://nerdwithnails.blogspot.com/2014/03/q-and-a_25.html

      Delete