Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pi Day

I know that Pi Day isn't until Friday, but there were a couple of reasons that I wanted to do them early.
1. I work at a Math tutoring place so I wanted to celebrate it all week. Also, they aren't open on Fridays so I don't work.
2. I want to take part in a St. Patrick's Day 4-day challenge that starts on Friday.

First I had to take off my red nail polish that I had on the past few days.  This picture shows how I take off my nail polish now. You soak the small pieces of a cotton ball in nail polish remover and place them on your fingernails. You let them soak for a few minutes and then it comes off really easily.

My nails were SO stained! I decided to try some nail whitening thing that I saw on pinterest. I took a before and after picture. I soaked them twice and there really wasn't much difference.
 Before.
 After two soaks.

I wanted to do a neutral for my Pi Day nails. I had difficulties with finding a good neutral. I went with a champaign, but that was all clumpy and bumpy. (I didn't even take a picture of that.) Then I tried a pale pink. Apparently that was too sheer. I did four coats and you could still see the nail line. (Which is called VNL/ visible nail line.) It also didn't dry well and had big nicks and kept getting my fingerprints in it.

 I ended up borrowing some nail polish from my mom. It's called Barefoot in Barcelona. It's a nice deep neutral with a bit of a pink tint to it.

 This is my right hand. The glare makes it a little difficult to see, but it is a math play on words. It is the square root of -1, 2^3, Sigma, Pi. That means "i eight sum pi." My thumb says yum because what else would you say if you ate some pie? I decided to do this side in blue because blueberry pie is my favourite!


My left hand has the symbol for pi and my fingers were the first few digits. I went with green on this side because it's my favourite colour and I thought that it looked nice.


These were the polishes that I used. The clear is my base coat from a cheap collection that I got at a Christmas sale. The green is from Old Navy and doesn't have a name. The blue is Sparks will Fly from China Glaze Magnetix.

This is my new nail polish station. Before I was doing it in the bathroom because I had no room in my room. Now I've moved all of the boxes that I'm sending to Australia for the wedding and I was able to set up a card table with all of my nail polishes! The plastic bag is where I mix my nail polishes or dab a bit out so that I can use my small brush to do details.



No comments:

Post a Comment