Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spot It!

I am working temporarily at a tutoring company called Mathnasium. The kids come in for one hour sessions and at the end of their session we always play a "cool-down" game. There are a few options of different board games, but one sticks out as the most played game. That is Spot It. I decided that it would be fun to do the different symbols for my manicure. I guess I'll see at work tomorrow if the kids spot my fingernails!

The object of the game is that each card has a bunch of these symbols on it, although there are more than just what appears on my hand. Every card has one and only one symbol the same as any other card in the deck. It's a fun game to see who can spot the similarity between their card and the one in the deck in the middle. I almost always win, as long as the kid that I'm playing with doesn't try to cheat. I do let kids get cards that I mentally spotted first, though, so it's not always a complete blow-out.

The weird thing on my left thumb is the symbol for the spot it games. It's a purple hand with a giant eye and smile. It's very strange.


No comments:

Post a Comment