Monday, March 31, 2014

Inadvertent Hugs

I got some new nail polish this week because I wanted to get a new white, since my mom's old one was clumpy and I use it a lot in nail art, and was pleasantly surprised to find that they were on sale for buy two get one free. Clearly that meant that I needed to get three. I got the white, a red (since I was just using my mom's and don't have my own creme red), and a silver since I didn't have any and it's one of my favourite colours.

I decided to do my nails this time using the tape that I got from my nail mail and the new silver. I was happy with this silver which is Metallica by Wet 'n' Wild Shine. I was happy about how well it applied for being such a cheap nail polish. (The three bottles were each regularly only 93 cents!)

My taped up fingers
 When I painted my nails green over the tape and removed the tape, they weren't as nice looking as I had hoped. I think that my problem was that I was not patient enough to allow the nail polish to fully dry before removing the tape, so it pealed some of it away where it was supposed to stay. (As you can tell, I didn't even care enough to try to clean up around the nails.) Then they got smeared and I just decided to start over.



I kept my ring finger because that was the only nail that actually turned out and I decided to keep using that pattern on the rest of my nails.



They ended up getting a bit messed up, but not at all compared to how they were before. This time they hadn't fully dried when my parents called from the store to help start lunch. A couple of my nails got a little squished and paint moved around, but I tried my best to repair them with my small brush instead of starting over. I'm pretty happy with the final product. I showed my mom and she said that they reminded her of Hershey Kisses wrappers, although I think that it's actually the Hugs that have the stripes. Either way, I really want chocolate whenever I see my nails now!


No comments:

Post a Comment