Saturday, March 29, 2014

Nail Mail! (and a whitening tip that sort of works!)

I took off my last manicure last night and my yellow nails disgusted me, so I looked up more ways to try to whiten them. I don't think that it matters that much that my nails are yellow underneath since I always wear nail polish now, but I was thinking about how they are often the first clue to something being medically wrong. I wouldn't want to go in to the hospital, they take off my nail polish and then they see my yellow nails and think that I have liver failure! (Not that I'm expecting to go any time soon, but I have had a tendency to make ER trips in my life.

Anyway, the other trick that I read, that we actually had the stuff for in our house, was lemon juice. I used some from the bottle instead of an actual lemon. I applied it a few times and then left it over night. It's hard to tell from my pictures, but the yellowing actually did improve quite a bit.

Before

Applying with a q-tip

After. I promise they looked better in real life.

I also got my nail mail today! I had ordered some things from Born Pretty Store. Their stuff is really cheap and they ship for free world-wide. That will especially be nice when I'm in Australia because shipping there is ridiculous! It took a bit longer than expected, as I had ordered it on the 10th and just got it today, but a big part of that is probably because I was just so anxious to get it.

I ended up ordering a roll of nail tape (for designs so I don't need to cut up masking tape into small strips), a set of 15 brushes (I only had one small brush and one dotting tool for my nail art before), a temperature changing nail polish, a glow-in-the-dark nail polish, and a mystery bag. The mystery bag contained another roll of tape and some flowery nail designs.





 I was so excited to try my new nail polish that I did one hand with the glow-in-the-dark and the other hand with the temperature changing one. This is my right hand with the glowing one.

With flash in my closet

Without flash in my closet for total darkness.

 The temperature changing looks really awesome in real life because it provides a natural gradient as my nails get colder at the tips. It changes from blue to purple. It was really hard to tell in the pictures, though, so I tried different ways to get the purple more purpley, including putting my hand in front of a fan and putting my hand in the freezer for a bit. I still couldn't really get a picture to portray the effect, so here are a few. Also, the bottle looks like a mix of purple and pink, so I thought that they had sent me the wrong one. However, I went to paint my nails and the polish instantly turned from purple to light blue as it went on my nail. It was really cool to watch!



No comments:

Post a Comment