Sunday, July 6, 2014

Duochrome

So I'm still confused about the difference between a duochrome and a holographic nail polish, but I looked up the nail polish that I wanted to use. It's called Candid Cameron from Nicole by OPI's Modern Family collection. It's my only nail polish that would fit in any category except for my Green on the Runway from the Coca-Cola collection, but I'm a collector of Coca-Cola things so I haven't decided if I'm going to open my mini set or keep them in their pretty box.

Anyway, while looking it up, I discovered that it is a duochrome. Kinda. It's also kind of a shimmer. It looks more duochrome in the bottle, but the colours are green, blue, and a touch of gold. Green and blue look very similar so it does lose some of its duochrome-ness when applied.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but I saw a beetle painted on someone's nails on pinterest the other day and I thought it was beautiful. I adapted the idea for my own use in this mani.


No comments:

Post a Comment