Tuesday, July 29, 2014

National Pride... America or Australia?

The theme for the 29th is National Pride. The question now was is that Australia or America? Well, I have two hands, so why not both? I was originally going to do America on my right hand and Australia on the left because of dominance in that country, but I decided that it would look better according to their flags if I did it the other way. It was also great that the two countries have the same colours on their flags!

The American flag was really easy. I used my new Ulta3 nail polishes for the red and white. For being so cheap they really are good polishes. Not great, but I got them buy one get one free so they were only $2.50 total. I painted those nails white and then free hand painted the red stripes. The blue nail I just painted with a ChiChi nail polish and put white dots for the stars.


The Australian flag proved to be much more difficult. The Union Jack part had to be done layer by layer because the white for the cross overlaps the red parts of the X. I am really happy how it turned out. I don't have the other star that's below the Union Jack, but that's because I don't have a finger there. I thought that it was more important to get the Southern Cross in.









No comments:

Post a Comment