Saturday, July 26, 2014

Outdoors

What represents the great outdoors better than a picnic? I chose to go with a picnic and ants for this theme. 


I went with a white base colour on my index finger and thumb. I used Lily White from ulta3. For the red lines, I used Scarlet from ulta3. I first did lines vertically then horizontally. I wasn't worried about the lines being opaque because on a picnic table cloth, they are usually pinkish and then a more opaque red where the lines intersect. To get this affect, I just added another dot of the scarlet at each intersection. 


The green is Con-fused? from China Glaze. I did just a base colour of that to represent grass and did some ants on top with a black. I did the body of the ants with my dotting tool. That part was easy. Then I had to decide what I wanted to use to draw the legs. They had to be so little and fine. I first tried using the second tool in the picture below. That had a pretty fine point, but not fine enough for this level of detail. Then I tried the next tool, which is a REALLY small dotting tool. That also did not work as it made them thicker than I had anticipated. I then settled on the tool on the right. It is fewer bristles, but it's really long and therefore harder to control. However, I liked how it did the legs.


No comments:

Post a Comment