Monday, July 28, 2014

Wedding nails!

When I first read the prompts for the OMD2, I was excited to see that Bridal was on there. As I've said before, I wasn't able to do all of the prompts or do them in order because I got married on the 19th!

I wanted to get my nails professionally done for my wedding because I'm not always the cleanest when it comes to painting my nails and I knew that there would be a lot of focus on my left hand in particular. I was going to get them done with a French manicure, but the salon that I went to was weird. I asked them to paint my nails in Canberra't Without You and then do French tips. That would have been fine at another salon. But these people had no idea what I meant. They were saying that the only way that I could have a French manicure was if I got acrylic nails because they would need to take off the tip of my nail polish and it would look messy. I've gotten plenty of French manicures done and I've even done my own, so I'm not sure what they were talking about.

I decided that instead of making that a disaster, I should use it as a chance to do nail art. I was debating whether or not I wanted to do a French manicure or a little heart on the ring finger. This made the decision for me because I definitely didn't want plain nails since the Canberra't Without You is such a pale neutral! I didn't want to mess them up, although I did have strange smudges of black that appeared on some of my nails, and I didn't have a small brush with me, so I used a bobby pin and a plastic bag to make hearts the night before my wedding. That morning, I peeled them off and placed the best one on my nail. It did need some touching up, but I think it looked great! The photographers probably got a better picture of my hand that I can add later when I get the pictures back. (The heart is Barefoot in Barcelona from OPI.)


But since the bases weren't done by me and I don't want to cheat, I did another version of my wedding nails for the OMD2 challenge. The base colour is Canberra't Without You from the OPI Australia collection. I knew I wanted this as my wedding nails since my mom found it at a garage sale because my husband and I live in Canberra and we met on a bus trip from Perth to Canberra. The heart is also from that collection and called Koala Bear-y. I figured that the two Australian colours were fitting since I love Australia and my husband is Australian.


UPDATE: Here's another picture of my nails from the big day!


No comments:

Post a Comment