Sunday, July 27, 2014

Nautical

I went to university at Hope College which has an anchor as its symbol because an anchor is the symbol of hope. For that reason, I was pretty excited for this theme. I love to draw anchors and anything with anchors on them because they remind me of Hope.

For this theme, I wanted to go with a white and navy colour scheme. I only have one creme that would count as a navy and unfortunately for me, it's a matte. I really don't like matte polishes, but none of my other blues would have been right. I started with a white base colour for my nails using White Lily from ulta3. My accent nail has a base colour of the matte blue end of Pinstripe from Revlon's Nailart ShinyMatte double sided polish. 

I don't usually use top coat when I'm doing nail art that I plan to take off right away because I often find that it isn't 100% dry when I want to add it and colour gets into my top coat or I just think it's a waste since I'm not trying to make my manicure last longer. However, the matte blue does show up really dark, especially in pictures, so I applied the top coat for the second picture. I think that it makes it more evident that it is blue instead of black and I like the glossy finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment