Thursday, February 5, 2015

Anti-Valentine's Day

The second mani was actually my original idea for the "Anti-Valentine's Day" prompt, but then I saw that someone else had done it on instagram and I wanted to be different. So I was going to do it for one of my other challenges because I could have sworn that another one had an Anti-Valentine's Day theme. Well I must be going crazy trying to keep track of all of my challenges because I couldn't find it. Instead I present both!

I wanted to mimic a comic from xkcd, which is a nerd comic online. I met my now-husband on a retreat and he wore a shirt that had this comic on it quite a bit. The comic says "my normal approach is useless here." Basically it's that a nerdy maths geek is hopeless at love because it can't be written as an equation. I thought it represented the theme great and it sticks with my nerd theme!

The colours that are used were the black and white from the Models Prefer studs pack and Strawberry Sundae from Ulta3.




But on to my original idea of dying of a broken heart. I wanted to use Today I Accomplished Zero from OPI's Coca-Cola collection. I liked the idea of the red glitters being like pieces of broken heart. I realised when I tried to apply it that it was still quite transparent despite the black colouring, so I added black as the base colour. The EKG/words are done with Gray Matter from Formula X.





1 comment: