Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

I am doing three different challenges for Valentine's Day and this is my only prompt that's actually for the day itself!

My thought was that I wanted to paint my nails so that I had lips when I put together my two fingers. I knew that red had to be used for lipstick and black seemed like the perfect match. The red is Red My Fortune Cookie from OPI and the black is Blackest Black from Designer Brands.

The idea behind the other nails was that I wanted it to be sexy, like pretty much any red and black manicure. I wanted to get a lingerie/fishnet look. I tried to achieve this through sponging on top of a piece of my shower scrubby. I've seen it done before online, but I must have been missing something because it failed epically. It just made it black all over the red. I decided to just go with a striping brush to do the criss crosses to try and get the effect. I'm still happy with how they turned out.








No comments:

Post a Comment