Thursday, February 5, 2015

Rushing Waters retreat nails

This past weekend, I went on a retreat with Rushing Waters. We went down to the south coast of NSW for a weekend of getting to know each other and planning for the coming year. I was advised that I should bring my nail polishes, well some of them since they wouldn't all fit in my travel bag. I ended up giving two girls manicures. The lighting wasn't great, so excuse the less than optimal pictures. 

I used a fan brush for the first manicure. She wanted it to be sort of a gradient, but I unfortunately didn't have any makeup sponges with me. What I did instead, was I started with a base colour of Dutch Ya Just Love OPI. I then fanned on some Lavender Soap from Revlon Parfumerie toward the top half and Desire from Formula X on the bottom half. Then I felt that the contrast was too stark, so I fan brushed on some more Dutch Ya Just Love OPI on top.



The second one was a distressed look. I just love these and they're so super easy! She loves purple and bright green, so the colours she chose were Glowstick from Wet n Wild Fergie, Dutch Ya Just Love OPI, and Gumdrops from OPI, which is a silver glitter that I got with Pretty in Plum.




No comments:

Post a Comment