Monday, January 19, 2015

Artwork

For the theme of artwork, I really wanted to do some pointillism. I've always thought it was really cool how a bunch of dots can form a beautiful picture. It's one of the reasons that I love aboriginal artwork so much. I didn't want to do the obvious pointillism of the Sunday Afternoon pointillism that everyone knows, so I took to google for some inspiration.

I found one that I really liked by Clare Ellis. I clicked on it to visit her page and found one that inspired me because it was a bunch of blues, which is my second favourite colour. The one I choose is called Wheel of Sapphire.

Here's my interpretation. I used Continuum from Formula X for the base colour. The dark blue is an unnamed polish from Chi Chi magnetic. The medium blue is Frostbite from China Glaze. The darker blue around the medium blue is just a mixture of Frostbite and Blackest Black from Designer Brands. The white is from the Studs pack from Models Prefer.






Here's the original artwork:




1 comment: