Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Rubber duckie, you're the one!

Switching up the challenge, since I like to do ALL the challenges I find. This one goes to the NAIL link-up. When I saw that the challenge for this week was rubber duckies, I had the Sesame Street song in my head right away and I knew what I had to do for this manicure!

The background colour is white with several coats of I Can Teal You Like Me from OPI sheer tints. The ducks are Bananarama from Kmart with Tahiti from Ulta3 on their beaks. Ernie was made by mixing Tahiti with Red my Fortune Cookie from OPI. I added more of the red to that mixture to make his nose. The bubbles/bubbly water were made by mixing Bonna Blue from Fresh Paint and Top Coat plus from Nicole by OPI. I roughly mix them to give the blue more of a dimension that adds to the bubbles. Some of the bubbles have lots of the blue mixed in and some are mostly just blobs of top coat.




3 comments:

  1. Adorable! I can't get the song out of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too freaking cute!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cute. I can hear that little song playing in my head right now with Ernie's voice. Adorable little yellow ducks.

    ReplyDelete