Friday, January 30, 2015

Tie-dye

After completing the mother-daughter appointment, I was talking about how I still had a few manis to accomplish before I leave on Friday afternoon for the weekend. I won't have internet connection, so I needed to do the manis and their blog posts before I left. Then my husband and my flatmate, who is staying with us since she was sort of kicked out of her old apartment and gets married too soon to find a new one, offered her nails for a manicure. I told her that tie-dye was the only manicure left that would make sense on another person and it was perfect. She's going to do tie-dying on Friday evening!


It was my first time doing tie-dye this way, although I've heard of water marbling also called tie dye. I wanted to try this way though as I've had it on my pinterest board for a long time and I never got around to trying it.


I started out with painting her nails a white base colour, which in this case was from the studs pack from Models Prefer. The tie-dye lines were from My Dogsled is a Hybrid from OPI, Amazon Amazoff from OPI, and Continuum from Formula X.


And a strange octopus type pose because she thought it was hilarious!



No comments:

Post a Comment