Thursday, January 8, 2015

Marsala- grape vines

When Pantone announced a few weeks ago that their colour for 2015 was Marsala, I was less than overwhelmed. I really didn't like it. It was too deep of a colour. I prefer the pastel of last year's colour. After looking at it several times I started to not mind it, although it's far from my favourite colour.

Then it was a prompt for the monthly NAIL linkup. I didn't think that I had a suitable nail polish, so I wasn't going to do it at first. Then while googling it later, I decided to look at my nail polish collection. I realised that I had a shimmer that was pretty similar that I never use. I thought it was really pretty when I bought it and thought that I had to have it at the time. That was at the beginning of my obsession about a year ago. I also discovered that Marsala is a wine from Italy, so my concept was born.

I decided to paint my nails with China Glaze's Sex on the Beach, which is similar to Marsala. Then I used China Glaze magnetix's Con-fused? to create grape vines.








2 comments: