Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Rainbow

For almost a year, I've been wanting to do a rainbow manicure using a fan brush. At that time I didn't have a fan brush yet and then the subsequent prompts of "rainbow" I had different inspirations right before I did then. Well, this time I finally did a rainbow manicure with a fan brush!



My initial idea was to still do it with red at one end of the nail and purple on the other, but then right before I did these, I decided to just do each colour throughout the whole nail. I started with a white base colour from the studs pack of Models Prefer. Then I added colours using a fan brush in reverse rainbow order. Desire by Formula X, Continuum by Formula X, Envious by Kmart, Bananarama by Kmart, Tahiti by Ulta3, and Red My Fortune Cookie by OPI.


I wasn't sure how I felt about these nails. They look more chaotic than I thought that they would in my head. Then, just as I was finishing, my husband came over and said "awww pretty!" about my nails. He never says anything about my nails without me prompting him. So I know that they aren't a totally wreck! (Although he did say that he also likes Jackson Pollock, so apparently he likes the style of chaos.)



2 comments:

  1. It does look chaotic, but in a totally good and pretty way! Almost like graffiti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! I feel like with any sort of rainbow prompt I can't avoid chaos!!

    ReplyDelete