Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year!

The holidays weren't just good for my nail polish collection. They were also good for being able to do more manicures and build up my repertoire! These are the five manicures that I did on New Year's Eve.

This was on my sister-in-law. I searched pinterest for some inspiration with New Year's nails. I found this fireworks manicure that I was obsessed with and thought would be perfect for my sister-in-law, who loves glitter polish. First I painted her nails with different glitter polishes. I used a sponge to get full coverage. Then I let them dry for a few hours. This was when I was going stir crazy and we went nail polish shopping. (See post about Holiday Haul)

When we got back, I put tape on her nails and painted over them with a deep blue. Then I removed the tape and dabbed on some chunky glitter.


I wanted to go with a more simple look for my manicure. I painted my nails with Diva of Geneva. The way that the sun captured the shimmers of the polish was just beautiful! I then added the years with I Don't Give a Rotterdam. Both polishes were OPI.



My next "client" was my husband's cousin. Her nails were beautiful but unfortunately the sun had already set and I couldn't find good lighting to properly show off the glitter tips. The purple is Dutch Ya Just Love OPI. The tips had a blue and purple glitter that matched perfectly.



The other two manicures were on my husband's other cousin's daughters. The top one just turned 13 yesterday and the bottom one is 14. I showed them my previous work and the both chose gradients. The bottom nails were what I was doing when midnight came around. I finished them in time to watch the last of the fireworks on tv. Although they took place in Sydney and were therefore delayed an hour for Brisbane.




1 comment:

  1. I love your manicure! OPI is my favorite mainstream brand. :)

    ReplyDelete