Sunday, January 11, 2015

Reverse Polarities? Doctor Who!

I was very confused when I read that the prompt was reverse polarities. I thought that maybe it was a nail term that I just hadn't come across yet. I did what I always do and used trusty google to help me out. An images search mostly gave me boring science diagrams, but I also saw a few Doctor Who things on there, because apparently that's one of the functions of the sonic screwdriver. Clearly that had to be the way that I would go on this manicure. 

I wanted to use my new polish, Gaga for Glitter from Colour by TBN, because I new that it would be perfect for space. It's one of the reasons I got it. I tried using a sponge technique to get full glitter coverage, but it didn't work with this type of glitter. Instead I had to paint my nails black, a black from the studs pack by Models Prefer, and then add it on top. I really loved the glitter because it has some holo glitters in it. It's beautiful in real life!

On my index finger, I added the flying TARDIS. The blue is Frostbite from China Glaze. The white is Snow Me White by Sinful Colours. I also added an unnamed glow in the dark polish that my husband's grandma got me when she was on holiday in Singapore for the light on top.

My ring finger is the sonic screwdriver. Yes, I realize that this is the 11th doctor's sonic screwdriver and therefore not the current one. It's just the one that I saw most when I googled it. The copper is Force from L.A. Colors, the silver is Metallica from Wet 'n' Wild, and the glowy part is a glow in the dark polish that I bought from the Born Pretty Store last year. It's 06 from BK.

I tried to take a lot of pictures to capture the holographic glitter, but sadly it's a rainy day. Since there was no good natural light, it was difficult to capture. So I have it in a few different lighting situations to try and show it off.  I also couldn't get a picture of the glow in the dark aspects because they're too small to show up in a picture. I could see them in real life, though.





3 comments: