Thursday, September 4, 2014

An Egg-celent Yoshi

Green is the theme of the day, which also happens to be my favourite colour! I decided to display more of my nerdiness, as my blog URL suggests, and go with my favourite Nintendo character, Yoshi. While Yoshis can come in any colour, he's usually shown as green. I went with him on my left middle finger and the rest of my fingers were the eggs that Yoshi makes in the game. I showed my husband my nails, as he's a huge video games nerd, and he responded that it was egg-celent. Clearly that needed to by my title.

Here's the finished product with my Yoshi Wiimote!


The polishes that I used were my unknow black, Koala Bear-y from OPI, Glowstick by Wet n Wild Fergie, Bonna Blue by Fresh Paint, Lily White by Ulta3, and Jail Bait by Spoiled.



I started by doing the outline of Yoshi. I did little tiny dots to start with and then tried to connect them.



The next part was to start colouring him in.





After I was happy with the overall look with Yoshi, especially the eyes since I had trouble adding the white shiny bit, I added the spots to make the eggs.







3 comments:

  1. Totally awesome effort - love these nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! Yoshi and the eggs go so well for the theme.
    I like the idea of using little dots to form the outlines for your nail art - will definitely give that a go.

    ReplyDelete