Saturday, September 20, 2014

Water Marble

I love the look of water marbling, but the hassle of it means that I don't try it very often. For that reason I was glad that it was one of the prompts for this challenge!

I decided to go with a blue theme for this water marbling. The colours that I used are Snow Me White by Sinful Colours, Frostbite by China Glaze, Shark Attack by Sephora, No Room for the Blues by OPI and Bonna Blue by Fresh Paint. I also used chapstick.


In the past while doing water marbling, I have used Vaseline around my cuticles to prevent the nail polish from sticking. I applied it with a q-tip and it was always really messy. I read later that you can also use chapstick. I decided to give that a try. It was a lot neater because the chapstick stayed on my fingers and didn't get all over everything!


In order to waste less nail polish, I put all of my fingers from one hand in at once. I started with white and then I added five dots of Frostbite.



After adding the next colour, I accidentally bumped the cup and my pretty bullseyes were messed up! But I made it work anyway.




Time for swirling! In the past I've used a toothpick, but I decided to go with my thinnest dotting tool and it worked just as well.


I could only fit my four fingers in at once. After I took them out it looked like this.


I added the polish for my thumb right into that instead of cleaning it all out first.


Swirling again!


See how messy it gets?


Luckily I had put on the chapstick and clean-up was a breeze. See how it just peels away? Of course I did still have some clean-up right around the cuticles and edges since my chapstick application wasn't perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment