Saturday, September 13, 2014

Animal Print

I wanted to do an animal print that I hadn't done before. I've already done leopard, zebra, tiger, and cow so I didn't want to do those. My favourite animal is the koala and doesn't have a distinct print, so that was also out. Then I thought of my favourite animal from childhood: a giraffe!

I chose A-Piers to be Tan from OPI and Bananarama from Kmart.


I started by painting a yellow base. I discovered that the Kmart polishes aren't the best for painting your nails a solid colour. This is three or four coats. It wasn't very consistent with being opaque/translucent but since I was going to cover most of it with brown spots anyway, I wasn't too worried about how it looked as long as it wasn't too bad. The polish does work great for nail art, though, which is really all I can ask for from a $1 bottle of polish!


The next step was to add the brown spots. It was actually a really easy look to do and I was very happy with it. I thought that the yellow might be too bright when my nails were just the yellow, but I loved how they turned out once I added the brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment